Search

Best Part of Online Blogging...

The best part of online blogging is meeting new friends.  I have been reading many other math teacher's blogs and getting a ton of new ideas for the classroom.

Today I want to introduce you to Danielle Krantz.  She is the operator of the TPT store Live.Love.Math.  I went to her store and I think she has a couple of unique ideas that I haven't seen before.

I especially like the idea of her Order of Operations Seating Cards that assigns students to their seat.



 Great for the beginning of the year when you are trying to assess math skills without being obvious about it!  Great conversation starter when more than one student tries to sit in the same seat.  Or, I was thinking about using it after the first quarter is over...you know there are some kids that need to sit up in the front...give them the appropriate cards - they'll never know you planned it that way :)

Check out her freebie - Integer Insanity.

It is a game that looks a little bit like the Yahtzee game that I used to play when I was a kid.  Kids often don't like worksheets - but a game that practice math - COOL!

One of my favorite activities she has in her store are the station activities.  As a high school teacher, I haven't tried them before...45 minutes - I get 'em in and get 'em out!  But there are days when we really need to move around, so I am definitely trying some of them this year.

This particular one is on Area of Composite Figures.



(Don't you love her covers - very eye-catching!)  This activity has 5 stations and an exit ticket.  One thing I really like about it is that it has a situation for each station - not just a boring looking problem.  Easier to catch middle-schoolers attention that way!

Have a great week!


No comments

Post a Comment