Search

Fun Systems of Equations Activities


I enjoy teaching systems of equation in Algebra One - it is an important skill that students need to understand for future math classes.  But, there is only so much I can say!  Students need and should have a wide variety of practice on this topic.


A new approach that I've used lately is called Color My Math.  Students solve problems and then color according to a pattern given.  In the end, they make a cool design or picture.  My students love the opportunity to color :)

Check it out in my TPT store...


Another way my students love to practice is by using Task Cards.  Why - it seems the same as a worksheet, but hey...put one problem on a card with a cute graphic and they are busy for the entire 45 minutes :)

AND...if I put QR Codes on the task cards that they can scan with their phones to see if they are correct...Awesome!

Check out these cute solving systems task cards.



Are you teaching Systems of Equations?  Whatever level you are teaching - Algebra One, Algebra Two, PreCalculus - there are activities below that could help make your teaching more fun and easier!  Check them out!



No comments

Post a Comment