Search

Teaching Riemann Sums...A Post It Activity


I don't know about you, but I have a ton of post its sitting around everywhere.  Every color and size...I even purchased the Post Its Teacher Treasure Box :) I use them often!

I was ready to start teaching Riemann Sums in Calculus the other day and I happened to look down at the post its I had on my desk and I realized...hey I can use these!

So, I made this one page worksheet to get my students started on learning Riemann Sums.  The worksheet is the perfect size to use the post its that are 1/2 inch in width.  (For example, see them here: Post It Page Markers )

I introduced the idea of Riemann Sums to the class and we did an example at the board.

Then I had everyone take 15 post it page markers. [Teacher Tip:  If you put 15 post its on each student's paper before you start this activity, it takes a LOT less time]  Students will also need a pair of scissors.

This is how one student's paper looked as she worked on the assignment.


If you like this idea, join my email list and I'll send you the activity!

No comments

Post a Comment